Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900P Android smartphone can now be updated with the Lollipop Android 5.0 release. All thanks to the Samsung for coming out with the latest version of OS, this update is now first available with Sprint users and then this update will be pushed to the users internationally. Samsung had earlier mentioned that Samsung will be getting the update of Android 5.0 in the month of December and will soon be pushing this update Internationally. So just in case if you wanted to manually update your Sprint device with the Android 5.0 Lollipop update can do the same with the help of simple guide which is mentioned below after the list of quick pre requisites.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S5 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with any other
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure that your device has 50% battery life and enable USB Debugging Mode which can be enabled from the Settings.
Assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you now need to proceed to check out on what are the steps with which you can apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S5 with Lollipop Android OS:
- Download the Firmware zip file along with the Odin tool from here to your computer. Once downloaded unzip both the files and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Galaxy S5 can be entered into the download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- If the device boots in the normal mode, you need to retry the process of getting your device booted in the Download mode.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got in the Step 1.
- Once you select the tar file, you need to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Firmware update process will take around 3 -4 minutes and once updated, you will then have to wait for the device to reboot.
- Once the device is rebooted, you now need to then check the firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will see that the android version firmware will be mentioned as 5.0 OS.
Note: If your device gets in the boot loop mode, you now need tore follow the above instructions from the start.
So there you go, you have successfully learnt on how to update your device with the latest version of Lollipop Android 5.0 OS. We will come up with many more custom ROM firmwares in coming days to come.