How to Manual Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 with KitKat 4.4 Android Firmware
After Galaxy S and Galaxy S2 I9100G Android smartphones, it’s now time for Galaxy Tab 2 7 users to update their devices with the latest Kit Kat 4.4 Android Firmware. The best part of this firmware is that it not only comes with host of new features but also comes with the power of Cyanogen Mod 11 as this firmware is not the official firmware released by Samsung. Unfortunately, Samsung might not come up with the Kit Kat 4.4 for Galaxy Tab 2 7 citing hardware limitations. So, after checking out on what are the quick pre requisites mentioned below, we will be checking out on what are the instructions with which you can update the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- First and the foremost thing you need to make sure is the Battery, it should be above 50%. Also, make sure that the USB Debugging is enabled from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your device.
- Make sure that the Galaxy Tab 2 device is rooted or not which can be checked with the help of ROM Manager app. ROM Manager app can be installed from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your phone is not rooted, you will have to root the device.
- Just in case if the device is already rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps, you need to back up the data with the help of below steps;
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your Galaxy Tab due to not following instructions.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, proceed to the next step where we have detailed the list of instructions which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Tab 2 with Kit KAT 4.4 Android Firmware:
- Download KitKat Android Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy Tab to the computer with original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device.
- After copying the zip files, disconnect the device and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- Recovery Mode in Galaxy Tab 2 can be entered by Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. Alternatively, you can also enter the device in recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app.
- Once the device enters in the recovery mode, select “Wipe Cache” and “Wipe Data” in the recovery mode. After this, select “install zip from sd card” and choose the firmware zip file followed by which you need to select the Google Apps Package.
- It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update. Once the update is applied successfully, select “go back” and choose “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If at all your Galaxy Tab 2 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
You can check the firmware update from the path “Settings > About Device > Firmware Version” where the firmware update version will be mentioned.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to answer all your queries at the earliest.