Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Android tablet can now be updated with the latest version of Kitkat 4.2.2 version. This update comes with the bug fixes w.r.t camera and battery optimization tweaks. Since, this update comes is an official firmware update released by Samsung, applying this update manually won’t hamper the process of warranty. So let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites you need to follow before we head over to the detailed guide with which you can update this firmware. This firmware is having version detail as XWUANA1 and ropes in the Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS.
Note: This firmware should only be applied on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T315 LTE and not on any other tablet versions of Galaxy Tab 3.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s highly recommended to back up all the data present in your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 so as to make sure that just in case if data gets erased, the same can be restored easily. Don’t use KIES to back up the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 due to not following the instructions mentioned in this article.
Once you have backed up all the data in your device, you now will have to proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS:
- Download Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to extract the odin in your computer and firmware package in your device.
- Turn off your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and after 5 seconds or when your device gives a small vibration, hold the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device to see the Green Robot on the screen.
- Connect your device in Download mode with the computer in which you have opened the Odin. In Odin you will see that the ID:COM section will turn yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Once done, click on “PDA” / “AP” depending upon the Odin version to choose the firmware tar file which you got after extraction and click on “Start” to start the process of rooting. It will take around a minute for rooting the device. In some cases it may take even longer time than expected.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the tablet will be rebooting on its own and will install all the apps.
Note: Just in case if your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated the latest version of firmware update in your device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. We will very soon be coming out with the process which will help you root the device so that you can then install custom ROM firmwares.