Procedure to Update HTC One with Google Stock Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Download the Google Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the same in your phone.
- Disconnect the device from computer and download the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store to install the recovery in your HTC One.
- Once the recovery is installed, open the ROM Manager app in your phone to enter the device in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then select the Zip file of HTC One Google Edition which you have placed in your device. Once the file is selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- As soon as the update is applied, select the option of “Go Back” and then select the option of “Reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. It will take more than expected time for rebooting the device as it’s the first time the device will be rebooting.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, long press the Power Button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the latest Google Edition firmware in your HTC One smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section on just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. We will very soon be coming out with many other guides which will help you update with many other custom ROM firmwares.