Manual Update Indian Galaxy S3 I9300 with Official Jellybean 4.3 XWUGML4 Firmware – Guide
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 users in India can now easily update the device with the latest version of Kit Kat 4.4 Android OS which comes with the latest features and with an endless bug fixes. With whole new set of improvements, you will not only find your phone much lighter in terms of performance, but also it comes along with tons of new improvements out of which we have mentioned some of them below. For all those who hate to wait or are on the custom ROM firmwares can now manually update the device with simple steps.
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
– New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
– New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– Move-to-SD-card feature
– New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
– New Additions in Notification Centre
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
– Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
Note: Being the official firmware released by Samsung, applying this update won’t root the device in any manner. Also, applying this firmware won’t void the warranty in any manner.
After checking gout on what are the quick and essential list of quick pre requisites mentioned below, let’s head over to the detailed tutorial which will help you upgrade the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S3 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned manual steps only. Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES as it may not help you restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S3 I9300 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the device firmware with the latest firmware.
Procedure to Manual Update Galaxy S3 I9300 Android Phone with Jellybean 4.3 XWUGML4 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open Odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S3 i9300 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once you click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S3 I9300 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully updated the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Android smartphone.
We will very soon be coming up with custom ROM firmwares which are based on the KitKat 4.4.2 Android firmware.