LG G2 Android smartphone users can also make use of the custom ROM firmwares which are based on the latest KitKat 4.4.2 android OS. So for all those who thought that only the likes of Samsung, LG and SONY users will be able to install the custom ROM firmware then it’s not the case always. Though, LG G2 comes with the Kitkat 4.4 OS, this custom ROM comes with host of new features along with the customization options. There are good number of custom ROM firmwares for LG G2 and let’s check out one of the brilliant custom ROM firmwares dubbed as Paranoid Android firmware. So after checking out the list of quick pre requisites below, we will be checking out on how you can apply this firmware update.
Note: Applying this firmware will void the warranty as this is the custom ROM firmware and not the official firmware released by LG Electronics.
Quick Pre Requisites:
All the data in your LG PC Suite should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the help of LG PC Tool or any automated PC Suites.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your LG G2 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 50% battery life.
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that your phone is rooted and installed with the custom recovery image. With the help of Root Checker app you can check on whether the device is rooted or not. You can make use of below article for rooting the device;
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your LG G2 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the device with this latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 based Parandroid firmware.
Procedure to Update LG G2 with Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the Parandroid Custom ROM firmware package along with the Google Apps Package. Once downloaded, place the same in your device by connecting the device to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Disconnect the device from the computer and turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Recovery Mode in LG G2 can be entered by pressing the volume down button and power button at the same time. Once you see the LG logo appearing on the screen, leave both the leys and press them again to enter the device in the CWM recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, you need to select “Clear Cache/ Wipe Data” options to clear the cache and wipe the data. Up next, you need to select “go back” and select “install zip from sd card” to select the firmware zip file first and then followed by the Google Apps package which was earlier placed in the device in the initial step.
- Once the firmware is applied and Google Apps package is applied, you need to select “go back” and “reboot system now” to reboot the system in the normal mode. Please note that it might take longer time than expected for booting the device for the first time.
Note: If at all your LG G2 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how you can upgrade your Android experience with this firmware. Do let us know your thoughts on this firmware in the comments section below.