LG Optimus G smartphone can now be updated with Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware, though there is no official word on by when there will be an official update from LG, you can still go ahead and apply this firmware in your device. Before checking out on how you can apply with this update, you will need to go through the list of pre requisites which we have mentioned below. This custom ROM firmware comes with all the features of Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware and also the goodies of Jellybean 4.2.2. Considering that LG Optimus G smartphone has got the state of the art features which can smoke off even the Galaxy Smartphones, this custom ROM is no less than a beauty.
This custom ROM firmware is dubbed as AVATAR ROM and comes with the below mentioned features;
- Theme Chooser with Google Play Store theme
- Bazooka Launcher
- Messaging app theme
- Boot Animation theme
- Tons of themes for Font
- Over-the-Air updater
- Supports complex unlock gestures
- Weebo app
- Theme editor
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps, with the help of below mentioned steps you need to back up all the data. Please don’t backup the data with the help of KIES as it may not recognize the device after applying this update.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process.
- Download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Once the device is rooted, you can then proceed to the next step.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.