Time for Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 users of T-Mobile to manually upgrade the phone with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware version. Finally, T-Mobile has pushed the much awaited firmware for all of its users, just in case if you are still on the custom ROM firmware or on any beta firmwares then you won’t get the automated update. So, let’s check out on how you can apply this Official update manually. Before proceeding, make sure that you have followed all the list of pre requisites which are mentioned below before heading to the detailed instructions in next page. This official firmware update for Galaxy S2 is dubbed as UVMC6.
Note: If you have already unlocked the device, then it’s not recommended for you to apply this firmware update as it may lock the device. Also, applying with this update will in no manner void the warranty.
- Improved Camera features,
- Comletely New Interface,
- New lock screen customization options
- New features such as Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets from Galaxy S3
- Two new home screen modes
- New notifications bar with more additional toggles
- Google Now
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you don’t create the backup of ROM as it may brick the device completely.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Turn off all the antivirus tools for some time till the process of firmware update is completed.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Once you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can head over to the next page for the detailed instructions which will help you update your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 with the Official Jellybean firmware update.