One of the legendary smartphones dubbed as Motorola Milestone 2 Android smartphone can now be updated with the functional version of Kitkat 4.4. All thanks to the folks at XDA who have worked hard in coming out with a new build dubbed as Kitkat 4.4 for your device. Czechop’s ROM is based on previous work for the Motorola Defy which was appreciated by most of the users. Unfortunately, Motorola won’t be coming out with the Kitkat 4.4 firmware update citing hardware limitations and End of Life reason.
So after checking out the list of quick pre requisites we will be checking out a detailed steps which will help you update the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the Motorola PC Suite.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Motorola Milestone 2 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- As this is the custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that your device is rooted. Download “Root Checker” app in your device to check on whether your phone is rooted or not. After this, you need to install the custom Recovery image from the ROM Manager app.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Motorola Milestone 2 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Guide to Update Motorola Milestone 2 with Kitkat 4.4 Firmware:
- Download Kitkat 4.4 for Motorola Milestone 2 and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and place these 2 packages in your phone.
- Disconnect the device from computer so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Press and Hold ‘X’ button & then press the Power button till the phone boots into recovery. Now, after this you need to Press and hold the Volume Up button and press the Camera button to get into the recovery mode. Alternatively, you can also enter into the recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager or with the help of ADB.
- In recovery mode, select “Clear storage” which will clear all the data which is there in your phone. After this, select “install zip from SD Card” > “Choose zip from SD Card” to select the zip file of Cyanogen Mod 9 which you have placed in the phone.
- It will take around 15 minutes to apply this firmware in your phone, once the process is over you will again land up in the recovery mode screen. Select “++++ Go Back ++++” and choose “reboot system now” to restart the device normally.
Note: If at all your Motorola Milestone 2 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. We will very soon come up with many new custom ROM firmwares for your LG G2 Android phone based on Kitkat 4.4 OS.