Samsung Galaxy ACE 2 too joins the party of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS which comes with the state of the art features and capabilities which otherwise are not available in the ICS / Jellybean 4.1 Android OS firmwares. Unfortunately Samsung won’t be coming up with the official Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware for the device, all thanks to the Cyanogen Mod team. Before we head over to the procedure, make sure that you follow the list of quick pre requisites.
Note: This update is the custom ROM firmware and not the official firmware released by Samsung.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy ACE 2 needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the Samsung KIES so as to make sure that the data can be restored manually.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy ACE 2 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Battery charge left in your device needs to be a minimum of 60% or else device might get turn off in the middle of firmware update.
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that your phone is rooted. Download “Root Checker” app. Just in case if your device is not rooted, you need to mandatory root the device. You also need to make sure that you are not taking the backup with the help of ROM Manager app.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy ACE 2.
So let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the firmware of your Galaxy ACE 2.
Procedure to Update Galaxy ACE 2 with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android Firmware:
- Download Cyanogen Mod 11 Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to place the same in your device.
- Turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons to enter the device in the Recovery Mode. If your Galaxy ACE 2 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode. You can also enter the device in the recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app.
- In recovery mode, select Clear Data” and “Wipe Cache” to clear the data and wipe the cache present in your phone.
- Once the data is cleared, select the option of “install zip from sd card” and then select the firmware zip file which you have placed in the device and then followed by the Google Apps Package. It will take around 4 -5 minutes to apply both the zip files in your device.
- Once done, select “go back” and choose the option of “reboot in normal mode” for rebooting the device normally. Please note that it may sometime take more than 3 -4 minutes for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- If you are getting any force close errors, boot the device again in the recovery mode and then clear the cache and wipe the data to reboot the device in the normal mode.
- Head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” to know the firmware version details which will be mentioned as KITKAT 4.4.2.
Note: If at all your Galaxy ACE 2 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues. Alternatively, we will also be coming out with the custom ROM firmwares which will make sure that you can make the most of it.