SONY Xperia S smartphone can now be updated with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware which is dubbed as 6.2.A.0.200 Build. This is the Official firmware version released by SONY and there is unfortunately no clue on by when there will be an official version of Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware version. So, before we proceed on to check on what are the instructions to update, you need to follow the list of pre requisites. This update is received for some of the devices as OTA, but this can be applied manually too with the help of SONY PC Companion.
Note: This firmware update is only available in Select Countries as of now and will be pushed gradually World wide.
Highlights of SONY Xperia S smartphone:
- New Application of Walkman, Movies and Album,
- New Personalized Option for Widgets, Apps and Shortcuts,
- Seven New desktop panes with Auto Resizable Widgets and New Notification Screens,
- New Flexible Interface,
- Supports Google NOW Functionality,
- Improved Notification
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your SONY Xperia S should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the KIES PC Suite.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > More > Development Options > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Minimum charge left in your phone is 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of rooting process.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Assuming that you are done with the above 3 pre requisites, you can now follow the list of instructions below for rooting your SONY Xperia S.