SONY XPERIA P LT22 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware version and is the official version which is dubbed as 6.2.A.1.100. The best part of this tutorial is that if you still didn’t get this all new update, you can apply this update manually. As per our sources there are many users who haven’t got this update and would want to apply this manually.
Note: Applying this update manually won’t void the warranty in any manner as it’s officially released by SONY.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Assuming that you have already updated the firmware, ensure that you have created a backup of all the data in your device manually so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the SUB Debugging Mode. Also, make sure that the minimum charge left in your phone is 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head to the next page where we have mentioned instructions on how to update our SONY XPERIA P LT22i with Jellybean 4.1.2 6.2.A.1.100 Firmware.
Tutorial to Update SONY XPERIA P LT22i with Jellybean 4.1.2 6.2.A.1.100 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.1.2 6.2.A.1.100 Firmware Package for Xperia P and Flash tool from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you will need to install the flash tool in your computer. Make sure that the
- Once the device is installed, you now need to turn Off your phone. Place the downloaded .ftf file in some folder on desktop, preferably name the folder as “XPERIA P Firmware”
- Head over to the path C:\Flashtool path or to the path where you have installed the Flash tool in your computer.
- Open the Flashtool and click on “Thunder” symbol situated at the top left portion of the Flash tool and select the “Flashmode” in the pop up and then “Ok”.
- Now, in the firmware selection window you will need to click on “…” as shown in the below screen capture to select the file of .ftf which is in “XPERIA P Firmware”. Select the path and then it will automatically pick up the firmware file.
- Once it’s done, assuming that your phone in Off State, press the Volume Up Rocker Key and at the same time connect your Xperia P to the computer with the help of original USB cable to see the Blue LED Glow in your Xperia P smartphone indicating that its entered in the Flash Mode.
- The process of update will be started automatically. The whole process of firmware update might take around 4 -8 minutes and also it may take more time than expected for booting the device in the normal mode as it’s the first time the device will be booting after the firmware update.
- Once the firmware update is applied successfully, you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Build Number” where the current firmware will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.2.2 6.2.A.1.100 Firmware.
Note: If at all your SONY Xperia P gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues. So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.1.2 in your SONY XPERIA P LT22 smartphone.