Xperia ZL (C650X) users can now update their phones with the latest version of Jellybean 4.2.2 which has now been officially released by SONY. This version is dubbed as 10.3.A.0.423. So, for all those who are having issues while updating with the SONY PC Companion can now apply the update manually. So, before proceed on to check on how you can apply his update, you will have to follow the list of quick pre requisites which we have mentioned below;
Note: Please note that this is not a Beta / Custom ROM firmware but an official firmware version released by SONY. Applying this update manually won’t void the warranty.
Change Log of Jellybean 4.2.2 for XPERIA ZL:
- Latest version of Sony Media Apps with seamless integrated services,
- my Xperia application that helps you find your phone and secure everything you have on it,
- Read more at myxperia.sonymobile.com
– New Customizable navigation bar with quick settings
– New widget functionalities, both on lockscreen and homescreen
– Support for bigger (64GB) SD card so that you can store even more on your Xperia
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Assuming that you have already updated the firmware, ensure that you have created a backup of all the data in your device manually so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the SUB Debugging Mode. Also, make sure that the minimum charge left in your phone is 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head to the next page where we have mentioned instructions on how to update our SONY Xperia ZL with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware.