We are here for addressing all your Android related queries and on the similar lines to rebind this relationship we really try hard to ensure that all the queries are dealt with, recently one of our prime readers asked for updating his device to the latest Jellybean 4.1 firmware in this T-Mobile Galaxy S III T999 and here we are with the same. Please note that for applying this update, the only thing you will have to ensure is that your device should be rooted. The good part about this is that you can also apply this update package without rooting your device as in several forums it has been claimed. Also, before proceeding to apply this update, you will have to go through some of the pre requisite instructions which we have mentioned in this tutorial. This Jellybean 4.1.1 update is dubbed as UVDLH3.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
Please be informed that this is not an Official and final firmware update, there may be some minor bugs which will be fixed in the coming updates. Applying this update will in no manner be voiding the warranty or will cause damage to your device in any manner. This update is a completely reversible update and you can revert back to your original firmware at any point of time. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, you can check the same with the help of an app called “Root Checker” which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store.
Note: For applying this update, you will have to be on the Stock firmware and not on the custom ROM firmware. If you are on the custom ROM firmwares, then you will have to first install the Stock / Default firmware.
Essential pre Requisites:
- Don’t backup with the KIES and backup all the data manually with the help of below mentioned steps. Ensure that once you are backing up all the data, place all the target backup files in your computer by connecting the USB cable to the computer.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you will have to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Ensure that the minimum charge left is not less than 40%.
So once assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update T-Mobile Galaxy S III T999 with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Version:
- First up download Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then place the downloaded zip file in your device. Ensure that you are not placing the zip file deep into the sub folders.
- Disconnect the T-Mobile Galaxy S III T999 from the computer and turn off your device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. You can also enter into the recovery mode with the help of the ROM Manager app by selecting the option called “Reboot into Recovery Mode”.
- T-Mobile Galaxy S III T999 can be entered in the recovery mode pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and then press the Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode. In recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” to select the Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware package.
- Once the zip file is selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying this update. Once the update is applied successfully, it will be rebooted. The whole process of device update will take around 4 – 5 minutes. Also, for the first reboot of the device, it will take some time as whole system files will have to be setup.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware in your T-Mobile Galaxy S III T999.