Finally a Good news for XOLO A800 is here as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install this latest release of Jellybean 4.1. So, before proceeding to apply this update you need to make sure that you have followed all the list of pre requisites. This all new update will be roping all the new features of Jellybean and is a big update considering the fact that current firmware is of ICS Android 4.0.4 build. After updating, you will be in a position to install the apps which are supporting the Jellybean OS.
Note: Applying this update will in no manner be rooting the device as it’s an official firmware released by XOLO.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you are not backing the data with the help of KIES as it may not help you restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update in your xolo A800.
Procedure to Update XOLO A800 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that option of USB in your device.
- Pull down the notification bar in your phone to select the first option of “USB Connected” as you can see below.
- Now, green Android icon displays on the screen. Now, select the Turn ON USB Storage and then select the option of “Ok”. Once it is done, the screen displays an orange Android icon with the help of USB Storage option. Once activated, select the Storage device.
- Now, a separate drive in your computer will be shown as the external mass storage device.
Windows drive appears under “My Computer”
MACs drive appears under “Devices” in Finder.
- Once the file is copied successfully, select the option of “Turn Off USB Storage”. Launch the “XOLO Care” app in your device and tap on the ‘UPDATE’ click on ‘Check for software update’ to tap on the “Continue” option.
- Click on “Continue” to proceed for applying the update. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to update
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this update in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section or on out Facebook / Google+ Page if you face any issues.