SONY XPERIA Z Android phone can now be updated with the latest version of Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware version which is dubbed as 10.3.1.A.2.67. The best part of this update is that it comes with the bug fixes in camera and also the RAM consumption has been drastically improved. So, after following the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below, let’s check out on what is the procedure with which you can apply this update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your SONY XPERIA Z needs to be updated with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you are not backing up the data with the help of SONY PC Suite as it won’t be able to restore the backed up data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Make sure that your SONY Xperia Z is left with the minimum of 50% battery or else the device might just get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Also, make sure that the MTP Mode is Disabled which can be done from the path “Settings > Xperia > Connectivity > USB Connection Mode” to select the MSC Mode and not the MTP Mode.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update SONY XPERIA Z with jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Head over to the path “Settings>> About phone>> Software update>> OK” and make sure that all the OTA updates are successfully completed. If you receive 10.3.1.A.2.67 update, then you need not proceed to apply this firmware update.
- Download the Official jellybean 4.2.2 Android Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you will also need to Download the “Flashtool” in your computer.
- Install the Flashtool in your computer and connect your device after which all the required drivers will be installed in the computer.
- Place the downloaded ftf (official firmware file) in C:\flashtoolfirmwares folder in computer, make sure that you are not editing the file name in any manner. Right click on the file, click on “Properties” and then click on “Unblock” for unblocking the same.
- In flashtool, you need to click on “lightning icon” and then click on “flashmode” to select the option of Ok.
- Now, at source folder, browse and choose .ftf in the flashtool/firmwares. .ftf to click on the flash button for starting the process off firmware update.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the firmware update in your SONY Xperia Z. To verify the new software version running on the phone, head over to Settings>> About phone>> Android & Baseband version.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the Power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues. Congratulations, you have now successfully updated the device with the latest firmware version of Jellybean 4.2.2.