UCMD8 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware for Samsung Galaxy SGH-i777 is finally Out Officially and can now be installed in your device manually too. While there was too much of public outcry about this release by most of the users, Samsung realized very late about it and it finally unleashed the update. Anyways, coming back to the procedure on how to apply this manually just in case if you are already on the custom ROM or beta firmware. Before proceeding, you need to follow the list of quick pre requisites which we have summed below before proceeding to the detailed guide on how to apply this firmware in your device.
Note: This firmware is the Official Release of Jellybean 4.1.2 from Samsung Electronics, applying this update won’t void the warranty in any manner.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S2 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES for creating the backup as it won’t help you restore the data sometimes.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed procedure on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware for Galaxy S2 i777 smartphone and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the packages in your computer and Open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode in GALAXY S2 I9100 can be entered by first turning Off the device and then hold Volume Down Rocker Key + Menu Button and then Power ON the device. Once the device is booted and you see the Download Mode Green Robot, you can release the button combos.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow / Green, indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got from the firmware package which is the TAR File. Once you have selected the tar file, you will now need to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, you can then disconnect the device from computer once the update is applied successfully.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware in your device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process o firmware update.