Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android Phone can now be updated with the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS which comes with the version as XXUBMJ1. The best part of this firmware is that it comes with all the latest bug fixes related to the Camera etc. So, before we make a move to check out on what are the detailed list of instructions with which you can apply the update, lets proceed on to check on what are the quick pre requisites you need to follow.
Note: Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner. Also, this update is not the custom ROM firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note 3 device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned manual steps. Make sure that you are not backing the data with the help of KIES as it may not detect the device till this firmware is rolled out in your country.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, lets proceed on to check on what are the quick instructions with which you can manually update with this firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 3 with Jellybean 4.3 Android OS:
- Download the XXUBMJ1 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Open Odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download mode.
- The Galaxy Note 3 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Once the device gets into the Download Mode, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow or Blue indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin. Once you have clicked on the same, you need to wait for around 3 -4 minutes for the update process to get completed.
- Once the device is successfully updated, you will see the Language preference option in the device and then disconnect the device to check the firmware update version from the About Phone section.
- You can check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > More > About Device” where you will get to see the current firmware version as XXUBMJ1 Jellybean 4.3 Android firmware.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this update in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section or on out Facebook / Google+ Page if you face any issues. Very soon we will also come out with a guide which will help you root the device on XXUBMJ1 Firmware of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS. You can also root Galaxy Note 3 now.