Samsung Galaxy S5 seems to be lucky once again as here comes an all new firmware update dubbed as XXU1ANE2 which comes with the hell lot of new features which are otherwise not there in the existing firmware. From bug fixes to better RAM optimization, this new firmware comes with some minor UI tweaks as well. So let’s check out on how you can apply this firmware update after checking out on what are the quick pre requisites mentioned below. After this, we will also check out on how you can root your Galaxy S5 on XXU1ANE2 firmware which ropes in the goodness of Kitkat 4.4.2.
Note: Please note that this update should only be applied to the SM-G900F variant of Galaxy S5 and not to any other variant of Galaxy S5.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S5 Android phone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps and not automatically with any other tools.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Moto E so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Battery charge left in your device needs to be a minimum of 80% or else device might get turn off in the middle of rooting.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S5.
So let’s head over to the next step where we have summed up the detailed guide which will help you update the device on the latest firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S5 with Kitkat 4.4.2 XXU1ANE2 Firmware:
- Download KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open Odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S5 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Click on “AP” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once you click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S5 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated the latest firmware version of KitKat 4.4.2 android firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.