Wouldn’t it be amazing if HTC One X users who are not generally given much importance when it comes to updates can update their devices with the latest kit Kat 4.4 Android Firmware? So, for all those users who are waiting for this update can now manually update the device manually with the help of simple instructions. Unfortunately, HTC seems to skip the Kit Kat 4.4 Android firmware update citing hardware limitations, but all thanks to the custom ROM makers of this for bringing in the Kit Kat 4.4 features.
So, let’s check out on how you can apply with this update by following the below mentioned pre requisites first and then we will proceed to check out on what is the procedure.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- First and the foremost thing you need to make sure is the Battery, it should be above 50%. Also, make sure that the USB Debugging is enabled from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your device.
Rooting Information: Rooting & Unlocking of the Boot loader in HTC One X is a must so as to make sure that this Jellybean update can be installed. Once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void. The only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by re applying the Official firmware update. Download Root Checker app from Google PLAY Store and check whether your device is rooted or not, as this can only be applied on the rooted phones.
- Just in case if the device is already rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps, you need to back up the data with the help of below steps;
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Once you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can then proceed on to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed tutorial on how to apply with this firmware update in your HTC One X.
Procedure to Update HTC One X with Kit Kat 4.4 Android Firmware:
- Download the Latest Kit Kat 4.4 Android Firmware & Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the two zip files in your device.
- Download the ROM manager app from the Google PLAY Store to install the custom Recovery image in your device.
- Open ROM Manager and select the option to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, select “Wipe Cache” and “Wipe Data” in the recovery mode. After this, select “install zip from sd card” and choose the firmware zip file followed by which you need to select the Google Apps Package.
- The whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes and once it’s done, select “go back” and then select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the One X smartphone.
Note: If at all your HTC One X gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can long press the power button.
- You can check the firmware update from the path “Settings > About Device > Firmware Version” where the firmware update version will be mentioned.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to answer all your queries at the earliest.