Motorola Droid 2 – Steps to Install Recovery Bootstrap with the Clockwork Mod Recovery
So after Rooting Droid 2 handset, it’s now time to install the bootstrap recovery so as to install the custom ROMs in your device. This recovery also includes the Recovery Bootstrap with the Clockwork Mod Recovery. Please note that you should only apply this procedure for the Motorola Droid 2 handset and not for any other handset as the recovery image is not a global one. Keeping things simple we will straightaway proceed to the procedure to install the Recovery boot strap with the Clock Work Mod in your phone.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of updating your phone which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions.
Procedure to Install Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap with Clock Work Mod Recovery:
- Before proceeding, Root Motorola Droid 2. As this installation of recovery bootstrap with CWM can only be applied on the Rooted phone.
- First up you need to Download Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap 188.8.131.52 from here to your computer and copy the same to your to the folder adb (the /platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder).
- Once it’s done, you need to connect the Motorola Droid 2 to the computer using the USB Cable. After this, you need to open the terminal and run the below mentioned command.
adb push bootstrap-184.108.40.206-droid2.apk /system/app/
- Now, you will see that the Droid 2 recovery bootstrap with the Clock Work Mod recovery will be installed successfully.
- Just in case due to some issue if the process gets stuck in the middle then you need to again retry the whole process so as to install this recovery bootstrap with the Clock Work Mod Recovery.
Do let us know in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues in the process of installing this recovery as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest.