Verizon Wireless has come up with a new software update to Droid X by Motorola. With this update for your phone you can get most out of your Droid X device. Verizon Wireless and Motorola encourage you to download this update. This software update to build up to version 4.5.621.MB810 comes with host of improvements and enhancements.
This update will improve the browser security with Google Security Patch on your Android 2.3.6 tablet. Still there are many other fixes which were found on the earlier versions.
Improvements & Enhancements
The following are the improvements and enhancements included in this list –
- This update to Android 2.3.6 will bring the security updates to browser with Google Security Patch.
- Fixes issues where the handset may power ON without user interaction.
- Resolves the possible device resets issues while playing music.
- There are adjustments to camera settings; they will be saved even after your device is powered down.
- Reduces the memory errors
- WAV files can be played from the Visual Voice Mail
- The phone is enabled for the wireless alerting system
- Improved stability of the music player reduces the resets
- Shortcuts to the application remained on the devices even though the application are moved to SD card.
- 3G Mobile hotspot data connectivity is improved
- Addressed errors which replicated thumbnails in message threads
- Errors are corrected where Yahoo! Mail notifications were not displayed properly
- Duplicate message errors
- Improved ability to access to access and receive GMail when the Mobile Hotspot is turned ON
- The handset will recognize multimedia ringtones after purchase
There are two ways by which you can proceed with this software update on your mobile phone. Here are the few hints to make the process quick and easy. The software update is just 15.2 MB and it will take a maximum of 15 minutes to download this software, which is completely dependent on the network conditions.
Make sure that you have done with the following pre requisites and pre upgrade instruction on your phone –
- Make sure that you proceed with this firmware update when you have charged your phone to full. This is to make sure that you don’t run out of power during the software update.
- Please make sure that this update is only for the Motorola Droid X users of Verizon Wireless.
- Please make sure that you have backed up most of the important files and documents which is present in your phone memory as the data would get lost during this update. Things like phone contacts, messages and phone memory data would get lost and you can make use of the following Android applications resources to backup–
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Once you are ready with this pre upgrade instructions you are now ready to update your phone with the newly released build version. We suggest you to make use of Wi Fi network for this update on your phone to download the software.
Over the Air (OTA) Update
There are two types by which you can proceed with this update –
- OTA Server Initiated where in you will receive a notification on your phone
- OTA User Initiated where users need to manually search for the upgrade options
OTA Server Initiated
Over Air update as initiated by the Verizon Wireless, you will receive an update notification on your mobile phone. If you have received such notifications then click on Install button and then follow the on screen instructions to install this update automatically on your phone. During the update your phone will get automatically rebooted twice and then your update would be done.
OTA User Initiated
For the users who didn’t receive any update notification on their mobile phone, they can manually check for the update on their devices itself by going through the following steps –
- From your home screen tap on the Menu key then select Settings and then tap on About Phone.
- When you are there in About phone, tap on System update and then click on Download button.
- Once the download of the file is completed you need to tap on Install now button and your device will get restarted. It will enter into download mode automatically and once the files are installed it will reboot automatically.
- You will get a confirmation on the screen with OK message when the update is done.
If you weren’t able to update with this software successfully, please re run the software update again.