Android 4.4.2 KitKat update has started rolling out for Motorola’s Moto G in India. This update is largely similar to the one that hit the Moto X in US bringing features like, improved phone app, better camera, smater power use and gallery apps. The update is currently being carried out in India bringing new Android KitKat features like the restyled status, full, screen mode, navigation bars, color emoji, smarter power use and new camera features. The change logs are given below.
The Moto G official changelog is given below,
- Android 4.4, KitKat- With the new Android KitKat 4.4 update, you will have software enhancements like, a restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Phone dialer- The Phone dialer got improved with the phone app that has the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Camera – With Focus and exposure: Enhanced the “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Gallery – The added new photo editing options to the Gallery app that including new filter effects by which you can draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and much more can be done.
- Printing documents and pictures- It comes with added support for printing photos, Google Docs, Gmail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Hangouts – This SMS/MMS support Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
- Accessory- This will give Added support for Square credit card reader.
This Android update is rolls out via OTA (Over the Air) with the version v171.44.31.en.03 for the dual SIM variant and the size of it is 230.7 MB. Check for manual update by going to Settings> About phone > System updates > Download. Do you own a Moto G? Getting ready for the update to rollout to your device? Comment and stay connected to get more updates.
Earlier – Motorola Moto G receiving Android 4.4.2 Update – Change Log, Details – December 20, 2013
The update is currently rolling out in US for the customers that ordered their Moto G. The update is already started hitting to Android 4.4.2 and many people will be pleased to get the newest version of this Android. This update is carried by OTA (over the air) and it can also be manually done if you haven’t received yet.