Motorola Xoom users who have rooted their tablet can now benefit from the latest Jellybean stock rooted Android 4.1.2 JZO54K as it has now arrived and is now available for download. So, in the due course of this article we will be checking out the same. Please note that this update is not an official update released by Motorola but is a custom ROM firmware developed by the recognized XDA developer stachre. Full credits to the developer as he is trying hard to come out with more stable updates to this firmware version. Please be informed that since this is a custom ROM firmware and is still in its early stages, it will have some bugs but will be addressed in the coming builds.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damage to your Motorola Xoom which is very unlikely if you follow all the instructions. Just in case if you face any issues we will try our level best to fix them up.
- Since the data might get lost or corrupted, you will need to back up all the data present in your device. With the help of below mentioned steps, you can easily backup the data. Don’t use PC Suites for backing the data as it doesn’t support the custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process. Additionally make sure that the minimum battery life left in the device is more than 50%or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- Ensure that your Motorola Xoom device is rooted and installed with the custom Recovery image. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the G
Assuming that you are done with the all above steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Motorola Xoom with Jellybean 4.1.2 JZO54K:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.2 JZO54K Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you will now need to connect your Motorola Xoom device to the computer and place the zip file in your device. Ensure that you are not placing the files deep into the device as it may not get visible in the recovery mode.
- Now, disconnect the device and turn Off your Motorola Xoom so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- When the Motorola logo splash screen appears, press the Volume Down button to scroll through boot options and select “–> Android Recovery”. Press the Volume Up button to enter Android recovery.
- In recovery, select Wipe data/factory reset and select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
- In recovery mode, you need to select the option of “Flash Zip from SD Card”. Select “Choose Zip from sd card” to select the Jellybean 4.1.1 zip file which you have placed in your Motorola Xoom tablet.
- Once the device boots up, you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Tablet” where it will show the current firmware as Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. If there is any other firmware, then it means that the firmware hasn’t been updated.
Tip: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of applying this firmware. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.