Motorola Xyboard 10.1 WiFi gets Android 4.0.4 OTA Update in US
Motorola Xoom Wi Fi updated version as launched in December last year is known as Xoom 2 Wi Fi. It’s also popularly known to be Motorola Xyboard 10.1 in United States. Motorola Xyboard 10.1 clearly make sense in naming convention as that of Xoom 2 Wi Fi. As the war between Motorola, Apple, Google goes on, Motorola takes new heights, Motorola has recently won several patents against Apple which might impose ban on import of Apple products in United States since Apple products are manufactured in China. That is a big news and another good news comes for the Motorola Xyboard 10.1 users is that they their existing tablet has received the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update officially. This updae is only available for the users in United States right now with no official confirmation available to other countries users.
Motorola in detailed statement at their official website is very much pleased to launch this update available for the users for Motorola Xyboard 10.1 Wi Fi but this update is only available for the users in United States continent. The version as shown on your device after the update should be Blur_Version.13.11.26.MZ615.Retail.en.US or Blur_Version.14.11.26.MZ607.Retail.en.US on Xyboard 8.2. This update by Motorola Mobility includes a numerous improvements and enhancements to provide the peak performance from your device and add several Android Ice Cream Sandwich features like Face Unlock, exclusive data usage and take pictures while recording videos.
Improvements & Enhancements
Motorola has provided with the list of several improvements and enhancements included this update and here goes the long list of updates included –
- Updated Browser for Better Performance : The default browser has been update to the latest version which improves the performance as it saves pages for offline reading, faster rendering and comes with zoom and pan support. It also includes the request for the desktop version of the website.
- Face Unlock : This update includes the most featuring Ice Cream Sandwich update of the Face unlock. The face unlock feature is the new screen lock option by which you can unlock your device using the faces. This make use of the device front facing camera and with state of art facial recognition technology.
- Better Image Quality of Camera : Now while recording the video of the camera included on to your Motorola Xoom you can easily take photos as well in between. This comes as one of the biggest improvement included in this update. The feature so called as Panorama mode will allow capturing of large scenes.
- Quick Screen Rotation: Rotation of screen horizontally vertical is quicker thank to Proximity sensor clearly recognizing faces easily.
- Launch Camera App Directly : Users can now easily launch camera application although your device in locked.
- Easy Swipe & Dismiss the Recent Apps Notifications : Instead of pulling down the notifications and then hit a button to dismiss the individual notifications and apps notifications you can directly do it by simple swipe of finger.
- New App Launcher : This update introduces the a redesigned app launcher by which you can simply drag an app to get the complete information about it. You can immediately uninstall it or disable the pre installed app.
- Introduces Roboto Font for Improved Readability : This update also brings in the much recognized Roboto font which comes with high resolution optimization to improve the readability and it brings a polished feel to the user interface.
- People Application Updated : This update also replaces the contacts and integrates seamlessly with Google+ and other social networks.
- Improved Text Input : The keyboard on your device will now feature to faster typing with improved accuracy to make the text input faster.
- Includes in line Spell Check : This also includes the in line spell checker for spelling corrections making it lot more easier.
- Type With Your Voice : Touch the microphone button on the keyboard and then start talking to automatically write emails or any text. It supports more than 20 languages and this text appears real time so that there is no waiting for the server processing.
- Redesigned Gallery App, Photo Editor: The picture is at its best when you have the Gallery app designed for photo editing. Using the photo editor included in this update, you get the power of easy photo editing with various options like crop and rotate pictures, set levels, removed red eyes, apply effects and lot more.
- Resizable Widgets : This Android version introduces the resizable and the richer widgets to show more content or shrink them to save space.
- There are some of the serious improvements seen in the Microsoft Exchanged improvements
- Improves overall stability of the tablet PC
- When you shoot for video using your rear side camera you can add various effects for fun like bigger nose, squeeze heads, big eyes and lot more.
This update to your Xoom Wi Fi device is only available via Over the Air Update and Motorola has also sent the update notification for maximum of the devices in United States notifying of an update available. There is no additional charge for this update other than the your usual data connection charges.
For those users who want to proceed with this update they should go through Menu > Settings > About Tablet and then hit Update option. Finally in the Update tap on to ‘Check Now‘ to check whether there is the availability of update. We are sure you will see the server reply as Yes and you need to just click on Download. Once downloaded the updates will be applied to your device. Once that is done your tablet should be restarted automatically. Also before updating make sure that you have taken the back up of your tablet data so that it might not get corrupted during the process of applying the new updates.
Do let us know via comments below how do you feel about this update on your tablet.