How to Remove MTP Application Error in Samsung Galaxy S
It seems that Samsung Galaxy S will not get Froyo Update anytime soon in India as be it Samsung Mobile in India on twitter or the customer care of Samsung are very tightly lipped on the release date of Froyo here in India. Recently, it has been reported by several people about the MTP application error after the recent Kies PC software updated to 1.5.
What exactly happens with MTP application error is, if you connect your Samsung Galaxy S device to the PC then instead of getting connected to your PC or laptop, it shows “initializing” on the device’s screen and the screen keeps on flickering till the device gets “locked” and also when device is unlocked, the screen doesn’t stop flickering showing “Initializing”. Thankfully we have found a way out in this so that this MTP Application error can be solved.
Procedure to Solve MTP Application:
- As soon as you detect that your device is experiencing such kind of problem first close the Kies software on PC.
- Now, all you need to do is to unplug your device and go to Applications, Settings then tap on About Phone then tap on USB Settings and select Mass Storage option from earlier’s Samsung Kies, come back to home screen and re connect the device to the desktop or Laptop.
- As soon as you connect your device to the PC this time, you will see two different Removable drives one will depict your Phone and other will be your SD Card say Drive I and J in this case.
- Now, you will have to download one software which is named as File searcher for Kies and need to extract the downloaded file to the desktop.
- After successfully extracting the file to the desktop or any desired location, go to the location where you have stored the file and click on File Searcher for Kies Fix icon to open it and as soon as it a new window opens up, all you need to do is to just click on Search.
- As soon as you click on Search, it will first ask for the path where you need to select the two removable drives which are located in My Computer that is your phone and the SD Card and then after selection this software tool will find for the bad file list or the long extension files which are basically the root cause of the MTP error.
- After searching of the files which are bad and have long extensions, go to the path and delete all those files which are found as shown above. Now after deleting, disconnect your phone which is connected to computer and again go to Applications, Settings, About Phone and select Samsung Kies from USB Settings.
- Now, again reconnect your device with PC and this time you will find that your device has been successfully connected to the PC or Laptop. If still the problem persists then there is no option but only to reset your phone to factory settings.
So, now you have successfully solved the MTP Application irritant easily by following a simple procedure as mentioned above and kindly ensure that, you are on the latest version of Kies.
Video Demo :