Nexus 7 – Root, UnRoot, Backup, Unlock, Install Recovery with One Click Tool
Nexus 7 Tablet may have just hit the PLAY Store shelves and is fast selling up, just in case if you want to get Nexus 7 tablet for FREE then you can Win a Nexus 7 tablet by participating in one of the simplest contest ever here. Just in case if you already own it, then you can now do a host of things with just a click. You can now root, unroot, backup, restore, unlock the boot loader, lock the boot loader, install the APKs, flash the system recovery images etc. with just a click. Full credits to the WugFresh user of XDA who has come out with this work around. It was the last time when we saw on how you can root the device with the help of bit difficult instructions as it involved the ADB commands which are only possible if you install the ADB in your computer correctly.
Disclaimer: Following instructions in no manner will root the device, if the device gets spoiled or bricked due to not following the mentioned instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible in any manner.
This rooting procedure will be working on the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware and also the whole User interface is very intuitive yet simple. The best part is that you need not go through ay tiring procedures so as to do the below mentioned things,
- Backup and restore
- Unlock/lock bootloader
- Flash images such as system, recovery, etc.
- Install app APKs
In the coming days, once you have rooted the device, we will be checking out on how you can install the custom recovery images along with the custom rom firmwares which users will soon be coming along with. In the process of applying different things, there is a possibility that the data present in your device may get lost or corrupted, so with the help of below mentioned steps you need to back up the same. Ensure that you are not backing up the data with any other methods.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
So once you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next section where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to customize the device in a simplest method ever.
Procedure to Customize ASUS Nexus 7 with One Click Tool:
- Download the One Click Rooting Tool from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to install the same in your computer. Ensure that the USB Debugging is enabled in your Nexus 7 which you can do the same from the path “Settings > About Tablet” section.
- Once downloaded, click on the to follow the on screen instructions and install the same. Upon installation in your computer, select the device with the help of below shown option.
- If you are unsure of the current firmware your device is on, then you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Tablet” to check on which firmware version is your device on.
- Select the same and then connect your Neuxs 7 tab to the computer with the help of below mentioned instructions. Once its connected, click on “Ok” and select the option which you wish to perform with the help of simple dashboard UI as mentioned below.
Note: Just in case if the device doesn’t boot up or say gets into the boot loop sequence, you need to long press the power button or reinsert the battery to turn off the device and retry the whole process from start.
So there you go, you have successfully rooted the your ASUS Nexus 7 device. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.