Samsung Galaxy Note N8000 users can now rejoice as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily update your device with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware that is XXCMC1. This update is getting slowly rolled out over the Globe, but just in case if you are among the ones who just hate to wait when it comes to updating your phone, then you can very well follow the instructions mentioned below. Before proceeding to check out the detailed instructions let’s check out on what are the detailed pre requisites.
Note: Applying this update neither void the warranty nor will root the device in any manner. Also, if your device is pre rooted, the root access will be removed once you apply with this update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Before we proceed make sure that you have created the backup of all the data manually with the help of bellow mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES or any other tools as oit may not help you restore the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
So, assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note N8000 with XXCMC1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Version:
- Download Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded extract both the zip files to your computer.
- Open Odin and turn Off your Galaxy Note N8000 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Now, hold Volume Down rocker key and holding this press the Power button till you see the Warning Screen. Now, on WARNING Screen you will have to press the Volume Up key to enter the device in the download mode.
- Once the device gets in the Download Mode, you need to now connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable while keeping the Odin opened.
- In Odin, click on “PDA” to select the file which has word “CODE” in it, then click on Phone to select the file which has “MODEM” in it and then click on “CSC” in Odin to select the “CSC” file from the extracted file.
- Once you have selected all the files, click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. Please note that it will take around 3 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- To check on whether the update has been successfully applied or not, you need to check the same from path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the current firmware version as Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.
Users Facing Force Close Issues:
- Turn Of your Galaxy Note N8000 to enter your device in the recovery mode. In the recovery mode select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do let us know in the comments section or on our facebook page / Google + Page if you come across with any issues faced in the process of applying this update as we will try address the same at the earliest. We will soon be coming up with a detailed tutorial to root the device and also Jellybean 4.2.2 for Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 in coming days.