How to Organize Apps in Folders on Home screen & Launcher Bar
With the arrival of Ice Cream Sandwich, you can now expect a better visual experience all together in your Android Phone. Also, the biggest plus of this Android 4.0 Ice Cream sandwich is that most of the phones with Gingerbread phones can be upgraded to the Ice Cream sandwich firmware. To know on which are the phones which can be upgraded to the Ice Cream Sandwich we have covered a detailed article on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Supported Phones. So, before this version arrives in your phone which we will be covering as soon as it arrives on Android Advices, we are here to familiarize you with all the features of ICS.
So, let’s get started and see on how you can organize the apps in the folders on your home screen as well as in the Launcher bar.
Procedure to Create folders on Home screen in Ice Cream Sandwich:
- First up you will have to go to the device’s home screen and then you need to tap and select the second last application from right as shown in the below screen capture as shown in the below screen capture.
- As soon as you continue to tap on this app you will see that the application will be circled in the blue colored theme as shown below.
- After this release the second application and its icon will be appeared in the circle behind the icon of the first application.
- Now, you will have to tap on the newly created folder and then you need to input in the desired title.
- So, once its done you now can drag the additional applications to the newly created folder at any point of time.
Now, to close the folder you will have to tap on the empty area of the home screen.
Procedure to Create Folders in Launcher Bar:
- Next up to create the folders in the Launcher bar, you will now have to go to the device’s home screen and locate the application of your choice, drag the second application which is located in the launcher bar as shown in the below screen capture.
- Now, as soon you as you drag you will see a blue colored circle as shown below.
- Now, release the second application and its icon will be appeared in the circle and behind which the icon of the first application will be shown below.
- Just tap on the newly created folder and tap on the generic title and then you will have to input the desired name.
- After this drag the apps to the newly created folder at any point of time and then close the folder. Please note that if you want you can also additionally change the order of the folders which are there in the home screen launch bar, open the folder and just tap and hold on the icons and then move them as per your requirement.
So, in this way you can easily organize Apps in Folders on Home screen & Launcher Bar. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues with the organizing as we will be more than happy to assist you.