For all those who are having Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360) smartphone can now overclock the device so as to further speed up your device. Make sure that you follow all the below mentioned instructions carefully as we have mentioned the list of quick pre requisites which you need to follow. Unfortunately, there are no official updates released by Samsung these days for this phone and we will very soon come with the articles which will help you upgrade the device with the latest Jellybean 4.2 based custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360) smartphone.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360) should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps,
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
WhatsApp – Download the backup of all your Data from the Settings option
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- As this is the unofficial method, you will have to make sure that your phone is rooted which can be checked with the help of Root Checker app which you can download from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your phone is not rooted, you will need to root the same with the help of below mentioned step;
Once you have rooted the device, you will need to proceed to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to root the device.
Procedure to Overclock Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 Android Phone:
- Download the Quick BOOT App from the Google PLAY Store in your Galaxy Y S5360 Android Phone and open the same to select the option of “Recovery” which will take you to the recovery screen.
- Now, create a backup of your existing file system and save the backup in your device.
- Up next, download the Axiom Kernel in your computer and connect your phone to the computer with the help of original Cable and place the kernel in your device’s SD Card.
- Disconnect the device from computer and open the Quick Boot app in your device to select the option of “Recovery” and then “install zip from sd card” to select the file of Android Kernel which is to be flashed in your device. Once the device has been flashed, you will have to reboot the device in the normal mode.
- Now, download the Set CPU, No Frills CPU Control and Incredicontrol apps in your phone and open the same to increase the CPU Clock Speed. Make sure that you are not choosing the option of Rebooting till the device is stable with the selected overclocking speed.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
- At any point of time, if you wish to revert back to the Stock / Official firmware of Gingerbread in your Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360) device, then all you need to do is to follow the instructions mentioned in the below link,
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of overclocking the device.