The Jio 4G has disrupted the mobile network market in India. Unlike all the other networks, it has made all the voice calls and SMS free for its users. However, Jio 4G works only with the 4G handsets and need VoLTE (Voice over LTE) support for making voice calls. Whereas the other network operators work on 2G, 3G, and few of them on 4G LTE. The Jio Happy New Year comes with unlimited 4g Data (FUP @ 1GB/day), voice calls, and SMS for free till March 31st. Unlike the earlier two occasions, the company is no longer extending its free offer but brought a new “Jio Prime Membership” plan that offers the similar unlimited plan for another 12 months at just Rs 303 per month.
To continue the unlimited plan till Match 2018, the user needs to be subscribed for the Jio Prime membership that costs onetime fee of Rs. 99. After that, the plan offering unlimited 4G Data (FUP @ 1GB/day), voice calls, and SMS can be purchased for just Rs. 303 per month. No other plan from any other Indian operator can come close to what Jio is offering. Below, you can find how to know the available data limit and steps to upgrade to a better tariff plan.
(Note: Minimum of Rs. 149 recharge per month is mandatory to stay subscribed to Jio Prime membership)
How to find your Jio 4G data usage using My Jio app:
- Open the “My Jio” app installed on your Android smartphone, if not install it from the PlayStore.
- Then you will see the list of Jio apps, now tap on “Open” beside the My Jio.
- In case, the Jio 4G data is turned on, tap on “Sign in with SIM” to directly login. Or else, sign in with your Jio 4G mobile number and password.
- Once it is completely loaded, tap on the “Balance” or just swipe from right to left.
- The remaining mobile data out of the 1GB quota per day will be shown in the circle.
- Below the circle, you will also find the time remaining for renewal for 1GB data. It will automatically renew at 12:00 AM daily.
How to create alerts for data usage on your Jio 4G SIM:
- Follow the steps 1, 2, & 3 as mentioned above.
- Now tap on the “Usage” on the Blue bar placed in the bottom part fo the display.
- Once the data is updated, tap on the top right icon with three vertical lines.
- Enable the “Alert me” option to get notifications.
- Now, slide the bar from 0% to 80%, to get a notification once your Jio 4G number reaches that certain percentage of data / mins / SMS.
- Here we selected 50% and now tap on “Submit” to complete the creation of data usage alert on your Jio 4G SIM.
Once you reach the FUP limit of 1GB per day, the speeds will be limited to just 128 Kbps. However, don’t expect much usage with that 128 Kbps speed. In real life, you can hardly use WhatsApp or browse the internet that too with very slowly loading web pages. Also turn off your background data access to limit the internet usage only to the apps that are opened.