Procedure to relock the Bootloader of Sony Ericsson X10 Mini, X10 Mini pro & X8:
- So, before we proceed you will have to first download the files for the respective phones as shown in the below list.
- So, once you have downloaded the above files in your computer, you will now need to download the S1Tool from here to your computer and need to extract the same to the desktop.
- Now, up next you will have to download and install the Flashtool. Please note that the flashtool should be only downloaded and used from here, if you already have the flash tool installed in your computer then make sure that it has the version number as 0.2.9.1 or else it won’t be working or it won’t recognize the supporting files. Please note that 0.3.0.0 will not be supporting this.
- So, once you are done with the installation of the Flash tool from the above link, you will now need to proceed to open the “Drivers” folder which is there inside it. After this you need to click on the “ggsetup – 22.214.171.124.exe” file to open the same and then install the Gordon’s gate. Please note that this flashtool and the Gordon’e gate installation is not required if you have already installed it before.
- Now, after this just turn off the phone and launch the S1tool.exe file which you have downloaded and installed in your computer from above link.
- Now, next up all you need to do is to just click on the “Restore” button and then you need to connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable which you have got at the time of purchase in the flash mode which can be achieved by “pressing and holding the back button while connecting the phone to the PC”.
So, as soon as the process is completed you will see that the device will be restarting. The whole process will take around 5 – 10 minutes to get finished.
To check, open the s1tool.exe and click on the “Identify” button and turn Off the phone and connect the same in the flash mode to the computer which can be done by “pressing and holding back button while you connect he phone to the computer after which you will be able to see the LED in your phone turn green”. After this you need to continue holding the back button till there is some output on the screen and just follow the on screen instructions to configure the phone with the standard settings.
So, there you go you have now successfully relocked the bootloader of the Sony Ericsson family phones and now you can reclaim the warranty just In case if your phone is in the warranty period. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues while relocking the boot loader as we are geared up to answer all your queries in this regard, you can post all your queries in the comments section below.