While almost everyone asks before Rooting the device on why someone should root the device, then we would like to re-iterate that once you have rooted you can then install the apps which requires the root access along with the freedom to install the custom ROM firmwares of your choice. So, in this article we will be checking out on how you can Remotely Turn off your Android phone. So, just in case if your friend takes off your phone from you and if you wish to turn it off remotely, you can now very well. No, we are not talking here to buy some sensors or like that but yes all it takes is an APP installation.
Tutorial to Turn off your Phone with an SMS:
- Pre Requisite: Make sure that your phone is rooted before you proceed to the next step. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your phone is not rooted and wish to root then do let us know which is your phone model along with the current firmware version in the comments section to help us guide you to root the device.
- Download the “Remote Turn off” App from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the Zip file of “Remote Turn off” in the device.
- Disconnect the device from computer and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Alternatively, you can also enter your device in the recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app.
- Now in the recovery mode screen, select the option of “install zip from sd card” to select the zip package “Remote Turn off” app in your device and then once the package is flashed, you will need to select “go back” and then select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device.
- Now, you need to open the app Set the Code which you wish to set for turning the phone. You need to make sure that you do remember the code which you are setting. You can also refer to the Help Section in the app to know more about this app.
So, there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to turn off your phone remotely without much hassle. Do let us know if you come across with any issues as we will make sure that the same is addressed at the earliest.