How to Reset Android to Increase Space & Speed
A Reset of your phone means you are restoring your device software back to the normal as it came when you first purchase it. Generally there are two types of reset options available for you which are –
The easiest way to reset your phone is to format the SD Card and formats your phone to factory default. By this way you can increase the storage space and speed up your mobile phone. The soft reset doesn’t require any assistance of technical guy or expert.
If soft reset is not possible or it has interruption, then you can use the hard reset method to reset your mobile phone. Generally a hard reset to your mobile phone includes some codes or procedure to format and this method require a few idea and techies can easily do it. The process is equivalent of resinstalling an operating system on your PC. Note that data on your SD card still remains and you would need to follow another process to remove it.
With the hard reset, you need to redownload your apps and settings and follow the procedure mentioned below to get a hard reset for your phone –
- Turn Off your mobile phone.
- Hold the HOME button and RED Power button for 30 seconds until you see a triangle with an exclamation mark at the centre. Keep holding it even though the G1 logo shows up.
- Now you have the following four options –
- ALT + L Toggle log text display between exclamation and menu options
- ALT + S Apply SD card Update
- ALT + W Wipe data and factory reset
- HOME + BACK for reboot of your mobile
If you hard reset your mobile phone then you need to re-register your mobile phone. Generally hard reset is done when you have forgotten the Lock Pattern or the Unlock Password.