How to Restore Stock Firmware on Motorola Droid Bionic
In an age where numerous number of backups arrive for each and every single phone, there is a serious need of creating a backup of the Stock default ROM so that just in case whenever you wish to return back you can easily return back to this original / stock ROM easily with just simple instructions. So, let’s see in this article on how you can easily backup the stock firmware to your PC so that you can then restore the same at your convenience. This procedure will help for all those who always wanted to test or try new Custom ROMs for which Android is always known for and at androidadvices.com over the next coming times you will see more of on what are the custom ROMs you can taste your phone with a very simple to follow procedure. So, just in case if you are having the Motorola Droid BIONIC then we will see on how you can backup your firmware easily.
The best part of this procedure is that there is no disadvantage of this in any manner as it extracts all the firmware image files which are stored in the phone which hence at least ensures that the phone can be restored back to the official firmware easily. Please note that this procedure to backup the Stock ROM can only be done in the Windows based computer and also you will have to ensure that the Droid Bionic is charged to the minimum of 75% so as to just ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware backing up.
As of now the firmware backing up tools doesn’t support the Mac / Apple based computer systems. Also additionally, you can create a backup of all your tools though it’s not necessary but it is just an advisory to backup all your data. For your convenience, we have mentioned some of the tips on how you can back up the data so that just in case if any data gets deleted or corrupted you can then restore the same easily.
Pre Requisite Downloads:
In the process of firmware backup, you will have to download some of the tools which we will see in the due course of the article on how you can make use of the same.
So, let’s get started and see on how you can back up the same easily. For your simplicity we have broken this article into pages, so in the next page you will find the procedure to backup the Droid BIONIC stock firmware.
Procedure to Backup Stock Firmware of Droid BIONIC:
- First up you will have to download the Motorola drivers from the above link and then you need to install the same in your computer.
- After this, you now need to install the RSD Lite 5.5 in your computer and after which just plug your Motorola Droid BIONIC phone to your computer using the USB cable which you have got at the time of purchase. Ensure that you have a computer which is powered with the active USB ports along with the admin rights in your computer.
- Please note that you will see a security Alert which is shown above, at this stage all you need to do is to just ensure that you allow on both the instances which means tick both the options as shown in the above screen capture and then allow access to open the application.
- Now, open the RSD Lite 5.5 tools which you have downloaded and installed after which you will see as shown in the below screen capture. Now, after this you will have to click on the “…” tab which is there just next to the file name option after which you will get a notification box..
- Now, up next is you need to browse to the file which you have downloaded which is FXZ file. Now, after selecting the file you will then have to wait for sometime till it processes the file and then press the “uncompress and start flashing” tab. As soon as you press the same, you should ensure that you don’t plug out the USB cable from the phone which is connected to the computer.
- So, once the flashing is done, you will see that the Droid BIONIC will restart into the recovery mode and then you need to flash the Radio Image which too you have placed in the phone in the first step.
- So, now once you are done with the flashing of the Radio image file then there you go, you have now successfully backed up the Droid BIONIC image file in the form of firmware in your computer. Please note that the image file which you took the backup should be kept in the secured location so that you can use the same whenever you need the same. Please note that if you are unable to unzip the file which is the FXZ repeatedylu then you need to right click on the executable file and then need to select the option of “unblock”.
Note : Please note that if you are unable to access the internet after the firmware update, you will have to re configure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider to get more info on the APN Settings. Not to forget, you also will have to configure the MMS Settings so that you can then send the MMS messages from your phone.
Just in case at any point of time if you get stuck with the process then you need to start the whole process from the start. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues with the firmware backup process so that we will revert back with the solution in the least possible time.