How to Get Rid of Low Storage Notification in Galaxy S – Tutorial
Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 users can now rejoice as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily increase the internal memory of your device. But hey! to enjoy the befit of this workaround, you need to ensure that your device is rooted and also you need to ensure that the Kernel supports the script which we will be discussing in the due course of this article.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Note: This procedure will support GT-I9000, Vibrant, Fascinate, Captivate, etc.
Procedure to Increase Internal memory of Samsung Galaxy S:
- Download the Script from here to your computer.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy device from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Note that the Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then copy the downloaded script zip file in your phone. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the sub folders.
- Up next re insert the battery so that the device can now be entered in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Up Key + OK button, and while holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to the below shown video. Just in case if the device starts normally, then you will have to again retry entering the recovery mode.
- Now, in the recovery mode select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Low Storage Notification Script which you have placed in the phone.
- Once the update process is completed, the device will again land back to the recovery screen. In the recovery screen, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then choose the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the system. If the phone refuses to show the home screen even after 5 minutes of restart, you need to then reinsert the battery.
Tip: Due to some reasons if the update process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
So there you go, you have now successfully got rid of Low Storage Notification Samsung Galaxy device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process for applying the update.