We might not hear the much awaited Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in the near future for many devices and we can only see devices receiving Android 4.0 some where in the second quarter this year to the top end smartphones and latter this year to many other handset. I guess we might have Jelly Bean up for launch by the time Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich dominates in terms of Operating System used on Android. So at the end, its Ice Cream Sandwich keep users awaits.
Coming in the news, we are seen in the last month or so many handset been update to Android 2.3.6 in various countries. We have spotted Samsung Infuse 4G in India, Samung Galaxy Y, Galaxy Fit, Galaxy S, Galaxy SL, Galaxy S2, Galaxy 551, Galaxy Note and almost all the top end smartphone have received this update. AT & T very recently have started rolling out Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread update to the Motorola Atrix 2 users and users should be happy to accep this update. Many of the users have already received this notification on their mobile phone from AT & T, they can directly click on Update Now from the same notification message and for those who haven’t received this update, we will show you on how you can update to Android 2.3.6 and enjoy the best improved features.
The following are the improvement and features added in this Android 2.3.6 update to Motorola Atrix 2 -
- Camera features have been enhanced to deliver taking pictures with better quality without missing a moment of experience.
- Google Music application has been updated to provide a greater access to music library allowing you to shop millionsof songs and track for free.
- Re naming of Motorola Gallery, Music, Files and Application in the application tray to provide easy access.
- Security has been risen to deliver great updates and fixes security errors in the previous versions.
- Feature of Hurricane warning or tornado warnings alerts from the authorities has been added.
- Easy access to Android Kindle application and library of books
- AT & T messages enhancement via app to quick access texts, calls and messages stored in the cloud.
- Keyboard has been to provide better functionality and email experience
- Mobile Hotspot feature now comes with improved stability for better experience overall
- Webtop is enhanced to provide better stability and improve performance
- There is wider gap between the capacitive keys in the Android keyboard so that is no typing error
How to Install 2.3.6 Motorola Atrix 2 Update
For perfect installation of Android 2.3.6 on your mobile phone, you need to atleast have 50 % battery left on your mobile phone and if its 100 % then its good for your mobile. Also this update file is of 58 MB and we advice you to proceed with this update using your Wi-Fi connection but not with the 3G connection as it comes under your data usage. Its just advices not compulsory.
Next thing you should backup date on your mobile phone as everything would be lost during this firmware update. You can make use of the following applications and pre upgrade instructions -
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
From your phone select Settings Icon in the main menu and then click on About Phone.
Now you need to tap on “System Update” and a message will appear with update information.
You just need to click on the option of ‘Download’.
Once the software update is downloaded you need to click on the Install button.
Once your software update is installed on your phone you need to restart the phone
Once the update is done, you can check back the Android version on your phone and it should show v 55.13.25 with Android version as Android 2.3.6 by following the path through Menu > Settings > About Phone. The base band version will be 2011-11-16.23.52.Off.Bld LUD_EDISON_R1D7_PATCH_36_111116_2336 and the build number will be updated to 5.5.1-175_EDMR1.25. You can call AT & T customer if you are strucked or you can comment here if problem persists.
Do check for Atrix 4G with 4.5.91 Factory Firmware