Pre Rooting Instructions:
- In an unlikely event you may lose all the data which is present in your Acer Iconica A500 Honeycomb, so it’s recommended to create a backup of all the data like call log, messages, applications, music, videos and other data which is present in the phone, so that you can restore the same once the rooting process is completed.
- It’s very important to maintain a minimum battery power of 50% so as to facilitate the smoother rooting process or else there is a high possibility that your device may end up turning completely off in the process of rooting.
- Since the process of rooting will be taking place, all the APN settings with which you access the Internet will be wiped off completely, so ensure that you have noted all the required settings for accessing the internet so that you can configure them again back once the device gets rooted. Also, additionally ensure that you have also backed up the MMS Settings and other settings as in an unlikely event sometimes you may end up losing all the 3G Settings as well as the APN or MMS settings in the process of Rooting the device.
- Irrespective of the version that is honeycomb or Gingerbread and also the country, you can easily root your tab just by following the procedure which is mentioned below.
Procedure to Root Acer Iconica Tab A500:
First up you will have to make sure that the USB Debugging is enabled in your phone and also you will have to note that all the data in your SD Card is backed up as all the data in the SD Card may get wiped.
- Now, you will have to download the Rooting Package in your computer and then you will have to unzip the same to get iconiaroot APK file which you will have to transfer the same to your Acer Iconica A500 phone by connecting your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable. Please note that in the process of extraction if you are prompted to enter in the password then you will have to enter the password as androidadvices.com.
- After copying the application in your phone, you will have to open the same and need to install the same in your phone. So, as soon as you install the iconia root application, open the same and choose the option of “Root Device” option.
- After selecting the option, you will have to wait for some time till the rooting process is completed. Please note that the device may take up to 10 minutes as it also wipes the cache in your phone.
- As soon as the rooting process is completed, you will have to also install the applications like Busy Box so as to further customize your phone experience.
- Make sure that the super user app is installed in your Acer Iconica A500 and is working perfectly alright. Just in case whenever you wish to un root the device, just simply uninstall the iconia root application from your phone to revoke the rooting access which was earlier granted. So, in this way you can easily root your Acer Iconica A500 and also alternatively you can un root the device too.
Please note that you will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider which is Verizon Wireless to get more info on the APN Settings. Not to forget also configure the MMS Settings. Do let us know if you face any issues while rooting the device as we will see to it that the issues are solved. Just in case if the rooting process is interrupted in the middle then you just need to re follow the whole procedure from the start to root your Acer Iconica A500 phone.
Pages: 1 2