For all those who have updated their Asus Transformer TF300T with the latest Jellybean firmware 10.4.2.13 version can now root their devices as in the due course of this article we will be checking the same. Once you root the device, you can then install many custom ROM firmwares which supports apps which need the root access and also additionally the whole user experience will be improving a lot too. As of now this Jellybean Root work around is only there for TF 300T Model but very soon it will be coming for other transformer variants too.
To root your device, you will have to make sure that your device is boot loader unlocked as it won’t work on the boot loader locked devices. Additionally, you also need to check the firmware version which you can check from the path “Settings > About Tablet” where the firmware version should be read as 10.4.2.13 version. If there is any other version then this workaround can’t be applied. For your convenience, we have summed up few set of pre requisite instructions which you will have to follow. Full credits to the DA Senior Member surdupetru who has come up with this workaround.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions.
Just in case if your device is nor boot loader unlocked, then you can unlock the same from the Official ASUS Website.
- With the help of below steps, backup all the data present in your phone so as to make sure that just in case if any data gets lost or corruptd, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum battery life should not be less than 40% so as to make sure that device doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update. Also, you need to ensure that the USB Debugging Mode is enabled in your device. Disable all the antivirus suites in your device and computer. Additionally, ensure that your device has active USB ports which have complete read / write access. Install all the Drivers for Asus Transformer TF300T device in your computer.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to Root your device.
Procedure to Root Asus Transformer TF300T on latest Jellybean 4.1 firmware 10.4.2.13 version:
- Download the asus.7z zip file from here to your computer and extract the same to get asus.zip. Now, connect your devoice to the computer using the original USB cable and place the zip file in the device.
- Now, once it’s placed, disconnect the device and turn off the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Hold Volume Down button + Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode till you see the message “Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5s)”. Once it’s done, you now need to press Volume Down once to highlight the USB icon, then press the Volume Up button to confirm the same. In recovery mode you will have to select the option of “Cache/Dalvik cache” to wipe the cache as it will clear out the cache from the recovery mode.
- Now, in the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the asus.zip file which you placed in your device.
- Once the file is selected, it will take around 3 – 4 minutes for applying the zip package. Once the rooting package is applied successfully, it may take longer time than expected for booting up the device. Ensure that you are not pressing the power button in the process of device being booted up. So, there you go you have now successfully rooted the device. To check on whether the device has been rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check the same.
Note: Just in a rare case if your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the ASUS Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across with any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.