For all those who have updated their Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 smartphone firmware to the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Firmware can now be rooted. Once you have rooted, you can now install the custom ROM firmwares along with the applications which need root access. Let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites which are mentioned below and then we will be checking out on how you can root the device with the help of simple instructions. Once you have rooted, you can install the Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware with the help of custom ROM firmwares. As rooting your phone will void the warranty, at any point of time you can unroot the device with the help of below mentioned step;
- All the data in your Galaxy S Advance I9070 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps,
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed procedure to apply this update in your phone
Guide to Root Galaxy S Advance I9070 on DXAMD1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download Rooting Package for Galaxy S Advance I9070 smartphone and connect your phone to the computer with the help of original cable and place the same in your device.
- Now, turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode in Galaxy S Advance I9070 Package can be entered by first turning Off the device and then hold Volume Up Rocker Key + Menu Button and then Power ON the device so that your phone can be entered in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select the option of install update from external sd card then select choose zip from sd card. Now browse to the root.zip which was earlier copied to the SD card of the device. Once the device is rooted, you need to select the option of “go back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device.
- To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Once your device is rooted, you can then download and install the “ROM Manager” app from the Google PLAY Store to install the custom recovery image in your phone.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same. There you go, you have now successfully rooted your phone on the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.