How to Root Galaxy Nexus on ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware – Easy Tutorial
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy Nexus on ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware:
- Download Super user Zip package along with Clock Work Mod (CWM) recovery from here to your computer.
- Up next you need to enable the USB Debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Ensure that the USB Debugging option is ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- After this install the command prompt in your computer so that you can then type in the below mentioned commands one by one as mentioned below. Please note that, you need to at least wait 5 seconds or till the command is processed after entering each command.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-toro.img
- Once the above commands get processed, in your phone just scroll down with the help of Volume buttons to select “Recovery Mode” and then you need to press “Power Button” to select the same.
- After this, you will see that the device will be booting in the Clock Work Mod recovery in which you need to select “install zip from sdcard” and choose “su.zip” and then you will have to select the same with the help of Volume rocker keys and press the Power button.
- Once, the super user is flashed successfully, you will need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then choose “reboot system now” to restart the phone. After this, you will see that the device is rooted successfully.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues faced in the process of rooting.