Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Android smartphone on XXUEMK4 Jellybean 4.3 Android firmware can now be rooted with the help of simple steps. So, for all those who wanted to install the custom ROM firmwares can now easily install the same. Before proceeding to checking out on what are the detailed instructions with which you can root the device, you need to follow the list of quick pre requisites which are mentioned below;
Quick Pre Requisites:
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your device. Also, make sure that the device is left with the minimum of 40% battery life to make sure that just in case if the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update process.
- Just in case if the device is already rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps, you need to back up the data with the help of below steps;
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your Galaxy Note 2 due to not following instructions.
Once you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can then proceed on to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed instructions with which you can root the device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Note 2 on Jellybean 4.3 XXUEMK4 Firmware:
- Download the Rooting Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the same and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your Note 2 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Download Mode in Galaxy Note 2 can be entered by first turning Off the device and then Hold Volume Down + Menu Button and while holding both Keys to Power ON the device till you see the Green Robot on the screen which is nothing but the Download Mode.
- In Download Mode, connect your Note 2 to computer with original USB cable to see ID: COM section turn Blue which indicated that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the rooting file which you got after extracting the rooting package in initial step and select the rooting file.
- Click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the process is done, the phone will be rebooted. Please note that the process of rooting will take around 2 – 4 minutes of time.
Note: If your Galaxy Note 2 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
- To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you need to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Very soon we will come out with the custom ROM firmwares which are based on the Kit Kat 4.4 Android firmware.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting. So there you go, you have successfully rooted your device.