Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone users who have updated their device with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware version which is UHMS9 version can now be rooted easily. For all those who wanted to know the advantages and disadvantages or Rooting can refer to the respective link and for all those who are aware of the Rooting can proceed to the list of quick pre requisites which we have mentioned below followed by the detailed instructional guide which will make sure that you successfully root the device. To check the current firmware version, you need to head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the device’s firmware will be mentioned.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the KIES as your device may not detect with the KIES after applying this update as till now this update might not have arrived for your Country.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned features, you can now proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to update with this firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 with Jellybean 4.1.2 UHMS9 Firmware:
- Download the UHMS9 Jellybean 4.1.2 Rooting Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both of these in your computer. Open Odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy S II GT I9100 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Once the device is entered in the Download Mode, Open Odin in your computer and connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been installed successfully.
- Now, click on “PDA” and then you will have to select “”. Once selected, click on “Start” to start the process of Rooting.
- Once the device is rooted, the device will be rooted. It will take around 1 -3 minutes for rooting the device. Once the device is rooted, phone will be rebooted.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
- As soon as the device is done with the rooting, you can then see that a country selection option will be popping up along with the Language selection option after which you can disconnect the device from computer.
- Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store to check whether your device is rooted or not. Also, if it’s rooted, you then will have to download and install the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store.
So, there you go, you have successfully rooted your device on the UHMS9 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same.