Root your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXLSJ Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware with an ease as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can root the same so that you can then install the refreshed line up of Jellybean 4.1.2 based custom ROM firmwares which we will be checking out in the coming days. So, to get started, you will have to make sure that your device is having the model detail as I9100 and should be on the firmware Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLSJ version. To check the same, you will have to head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you can find the current firmware version.
So, let’s get started with the pre requisite instructions and then the detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update. Once rooted, you can then make use of the apps of Jellybean 4.2 which we saw earlier.
Quick Pre Requisites:
Backup all your data with the help of below mentioned steps manually so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Also, make sure that the battery life in your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is not less than 40% as this may turn off the device in the middle of rooting update. Ensure that USB Read / Write access is there in your computer.
Disclaimer: If all the instructions are followed which are mentioned in this article, there is no possibility of bricking the phone. We should not be held responsible in any manner for damage happened to your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 due to not following the instructions.
So now assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Root Galaxy S2 on XXLSJ Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download Odin and XXLSJ Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the firmware package and open the Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your Galaxy S2 so that it can be entered in the download mode. The download mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Connect your Galaxy S2 with your computer / Laptop and then in Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Now, click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got after extraction. Once selected, click on “Start” the process of Rooting. Once the rooting process is done, the phone will be rebooted. Please note that it might take few moments of time for rebooting the device and may take longer time than expected to show up the home screen.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
- Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store to check whether your device is rooted or not. Also, if it’s rooted, you then will have to download and install the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your device with the latest