How to Root Galaxy S3 GT I9300 on XXDLIB Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
XXDLIB Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update was recently pushed by Samsung Electronics to the users of Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Poland officially and all thanks to the CF Root team who has now come up with the rooting procedure which we will be checking out on how you can root the same. This rooting work around comes at a time when there are a bunch of custom ROM firmwares which are waiting to get installed in your Galaxy S3. So, before we proceed, you will have to go through some of the list of pre requisites along with a detailed guide on how to root the device. Once you root your Galaxy S3, you can then make use of the apps which need root access and also you can install custom ROM firmwares which we will be coming up very shortly.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Sometimes after rooting you may require to clear / wipe all the data present in your phone so as to get away with the force close errors. So, it’s recommended to create a backup of all the below mentioned data with the help of below steps manually.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Navigate to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging. Minimum battery charge should not be below 30% or else device is at risk of getting turned Off in the middle of flashing the kernel which may potentially brick the device. Disable all the antivirus tools in your phone as these tools interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers and Latest Version of KIES from here to your computer.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned detailed guide on how to root your phone.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 on XXDLIB 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Download the XXDLIB 4.1.1 Rooting Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, turn off your phone so that you can then enter your phone in the download mode.
- Extract the Odin zip to get Odin executable file and XXDLIB Rooting Package to get the tar file. Open Odin in your computer and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- Download Mode in Galaxy S3 can be entered by pressing the Volume Down rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode. You can alternatively, enter your phone in the download mode with the help of below mentioned Video tutorial.
- Click on “PDA” to select “CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar” and then click on “Start”. Once you click on start, it will take around 2 – 3 minutes for rooting the device.
- As soon as the device is rooted, the device will be rebooted. Once you see the home screen, you will have to disconnect the device from the computer.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go you have now successfully rooted your device. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.