Having updated your device with the latest XXEMB5 version of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware, you now can root the device as in the coming days to come we will be guiding you so that you can install the Xperia Z custom ROM firmware in your Galaxy S3 smartphone. Please note that you will have to ensure that the device is installed with the XXEMB5 which can be checked from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where the current firmware version will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.1.2 XXEMB5. If there is any other firmware, you need to first apply the XXEMB5 firmware version.
Assuming that you have already updated the firmware, ensure that you have created a backup of all the data in your device manually so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the SUB Debugging Mode. Also, make sure that the minimum charge left in your phone is 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head to the next page where we have mentioned instructions on how to root Galaxy S3 smartphone with XXEMB5 Firmware update.
Procedure to Root Galaxy S3 on XXEMB5 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download XXEMB5 Rooting Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files to desktop and open the Odin in your computer.
- Now, turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy S3 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Assuming that the Odin is opened in your computer, connect your phone in download mode to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow or Blue as per the Odin version. Color change will indicate that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Once the device is rooted, download the “ROOT CHECKER” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to retry the process of rooting.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, do stay tuned to AndroidAdvices as we will be coming out with the custom ROM firmware which replicated the exact screen and features with apps of Xperia Z in your Galaxy S3. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.