For all those who have updated their device with the Jellybean 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Firmware Update in their Galaxy S3 I9305 and wishes to root the device can now root the same. Once you root the device, you can then customize the device the way you want it. So, before we head to the detailed guide, you will need to follow the list of pre requisites and then we will be checking out on how to root the device with the help of a simple tutorial. Once rooted you can then install the custom ROM firmwares which we will be coming very shortly. Please note that the rooting process which we will be checking out will only work on the devices which have XXBMA3 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware. To check the same, you need to head over to the path “Settings > About Phone”.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data present in the device so that the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of ROM Manager as it may brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Root Galaxy S3 GT I9305 on XXBMA3 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download XXBMA3 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer which contains Odin as well. Once downloaded, extract both of the files in your computer and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you will get to see a green robot indicating that the device has entered in the download mode.
- Connect your phone in the download mode to the computer while keeping Odin opened. Once you connect, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been successfully installed. Also, in Odin ensure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected and no other options are
- Now, click on “PDA” to select “CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5” and then click on “Start” to start the process of Rooting. Once the device is rooted, download the “ROOT CHECKER” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to retry the process of rooting.
Tip: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or gets into the continuous Boot loop mode, you need to reinsert the battery and boot the device normally. Or else you need to re-apply the update by following the steps above.
So there you go, you have now successfully rooted your Jellybean 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Firmware loaded Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues so that we can assist you as soon as possible.