Galaxy S4 is hardly here, but folks at XDA has come out with the rooting work around for the devices which are powered on XXUAMC6 version of Jellybean firmware. So, for all those who managed to get the Galaxy S4, we will be guiding you through the rest of this article on how to root your Galaxy S4 smartphone. So, before we proceed to the list of detailed instructions, you will need to go through the list of pre requisite instructions which are mentioned below.
Note: Rooting the device will void the warranty, but the best part is that if you are updating your device with the XXUAMC6 version of Jellybean firmware, the warranty can be reclaimed.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy S4 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually or with the help of KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Minimum charge left in your phone is 30% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of rooting process.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable for any manner for the damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow all the instructions mentioned here.
Assuming that you are done with the above 3 pre requisites, you can now follow the list of instructions below for rooting your Galaxy S4.
Procedure to Root Galaxy S4 on XXUAMC6 Jellybean firmware:
- Download XXUAMC6 Rooting Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode in GALAXY s4 can be entered by first turning Off the device and then hold Volume Down Rocker Key + Menu Button and then Power ON the device. Once the device is booted and you see the Download Mode Green Robot, you can release the button combos.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow / Green, indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” in odin to select the rooting tar file which will be there in the extracted folder to click on “Start” to start the process of rooting. Once the device is rooted, the device will be rebooted automatically. It may take longer time than expected for booting the device.
- To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, you need to download the “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across any issues with the rooting of Galaxy S4. We will very soon be coming out with Custom ROM firmwares for Galaxy S4 and other updates for Galaxy S4.