Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 on DDKP3 Firmware:
- First up you need to download the Rooting Package from here to your computer and once its done, you need to extract the same to get the Odin and rooting tar file as shown below. Even if single file is missing, download the file again.
- Now after extracting, open the Odin in your computer and turn Off your Galaxy SL I9003 and open the Odin in your computer.
- Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered. If the device boots in the normal mode then you will have to try again entering into the download mode.
Note: if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer & Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and
- Ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer
- In Odin, you need to click on “PDA” and select “DDKP3-CFROOT-12-02-2012” and click on “Start” to start the rooting process.
- As soon as the phone gets rooted successfully, Galaxy SL I9003 will be rebooted and once you see the home screen, turn off the phone and remove the connected usb cable. Now, turn ON the phone in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a recovery mode list will be shown indicating the recovery Mode has been entered.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your device on DDKP3 Firmware.