HTC Desire X smartphone, the latest from the house of HTC can now be rooted and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can root the device with the help of simple to follow instructions. The main advantage of rooting in Android is that you can then make use of various custom ROM firmwares and also the apps which need the root access. So, in the process of this article we will be checking out on what are the various pre requisites you need to follow and also the detailed procedure to how to apply this firmware update.
Unfortunately there will be no jellybean 4.1 updates for HTC Desire X smartphone and so as the need for custom ROM firmwares are here to solve this purpose. Also, we will be coming up with many custom ROM firmwares very shortly in the coming days. Just in case if you missed, then we also did a detailed coverage about Desire X Review. The method which we will be checking out is a one click tool with which device can be rooted, boot loader can be unlocked and also you can do a host of things which we have mentioned in the due course of this article.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Quick Pre Requisites:
Though it’s not a compulsion, it’s recommended to back up all the data with the help of below mentioned steps. Alternatively, for your convenience you can also create a backup of all your data with the help of PC Suite.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your HTC Desire X smartphone. Ensure that Desire X is left with the minimum of 50% battery charge so as to make sure that your phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
So, once you are done with the above mentioned step, you now need to head to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to root the device with the help of a detailed procedure.
Procedure to Root HTC Desire X smartphone:
- Download the Desire X Rooting Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the Zip package to open the executable file of Desire X All in One tool. Once you open the tool,. You will get to see a dashboard as shown below,
- Now, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and install the HTC Drivers for Desire X by choosing the appropriate option and then you will have to register your device at the HTC Dev by clicking the same. Once you get the token ID, submit the token ID for unlocking the boot loader.
- Now, once you are done with the above mentioned process, you will now need to select the option of “Perm Root” to root your Desire X as mentioned in the tool. Please note that for rooting the device, it might take more than 5 -6 minutes.
- Once the rooting process is completed, the device will reboot.
- To check on whether your HTC Desire X is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Open the app and check whether the root access is there or not, also you will have to download the “ROM Manager” and “Super user” app from the Google Play Store.
Do let us know just in case if you come across any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try to address the same at the earliest. Congratulations you have now successfully learnt on how to root Desire X, very shortly we will come up with many custom ROM firmwares for Desire X so that you can then make the most out of your phone.